Want to learn to sew and dive into dressmaking?
This is the perfect class to learn both how to sew and gain basic dressmaking skills. At the end of the weekend you’ll walk away with a completed pair of pyjamas and an arsenal of new dressmaking skills
Day 1: Saturday- Pyjama Trousers
Get “Sewing machine Confident”
- Learn to use a sewing machine- Wind on a bobbin and thread up the sewing machine.
- Learn to sew forward in straight lines, and turn corners.
- Sew simple seams.
- Find out about simple seam finishes.
- You’ll learn how to measure yourself and choose the right pattern size.
- Get to grips with laying out large pattern pieces onto fabric
- Understand the importance of lining up the fabric’s straight of grain
- Working with a simple pyjama trouser pattern you”ll quickly understand how to go from tissue pattern, to fabric, to machine.
- Create a simple elasticated waistline
- Learn how to sew buttonholes
- Learn how to add piping to a pocket
This day is available as a single day too-select ticket option: Intro to dressmaking-PJ Trousers
Day 2: Sunday- Pyjama Shirt
- Attach sleeves using the easy “laid on” method for shirts
- Make and attach a collar
- Discover how to finish off an edge with a simple facing.
- Get to grips with decorative top-stitching.
- You’ll also learn some tips for perfect pocket pressing.
- Learn how to finish off clothes with a double turned hem
This day is available as a single day too-select ticket option: Intro to shirts-simple pyjama top
I had a very enjoyable and satisfying day. I am so pleased with myself and you are such a good teacher. I have already bought material to make another dress (washed it last night) Can't wait to do my next course.