Who is this class for?
- Do you want to start using dressmaking patterns but haven’t a clue about all the terminology?
- Are you itching to get started making your own clothes, but struggling to get going?
Then this is the class for you! Pyjama trousers are the PERFECT first dressmaking project, as they’re easy to sew, easy to fit and super easy to wear.
This class runs both as a single half day session at the weekend, and as an evening course. Check the calendar for dates
You must already be able to use a sewing machine before attending this course, if not then book on to our learn to sew- make a cushion cover class first
What you’ll learn
This workshop is the perfect follow on session for beginners who are comfortable using a sewing machine, and are looking to start making clothes.
- During the session you will use a simple Pyjama pattern to make up your trousers in your own choice of fabric. Pattern option includes Ladies, Men’s or Kid’s versions
- You will need to bring along 2.5 metres of fabric to make your trousers, plus thread to match if your fabric is an unusual colour
- Use of All tools and equipment including the pattern, is included in your class fee
- Learn how to lay pattern pieces correctly on your fabric and understand all the pattern markings including grainlines and notches
- Learn how to create a simple elasticated waistline
Cost- £49 inclusive of Pattern, Tools,use of equipment and elastic, just bring enough fabric to make your Pyjama trousers.
Materials required- 2.5 metres of light weight woven fabric suitable for pyjamas ( details in booking confirmation) It’s a good idea to wash and press your fabric before attending in case it shrinks!
Times- Either 2 pm – 6 pm( weekends) or 6.30 pm -9.30 pm ( Eves) See dates below in ticket box as this runs monthly
Do arrive on time as sessions start promptly
Unlimited Tea, Coffee and snacks provided along with a ace playlist of great sewing tunes!
Want to get a flavour of this class? Watch the promo video below!
( NB- price on video relates to online course verision only)
A great class - clear instructions and a great teacher. The session was very practical, and great hands-on practice and repetition. Small class sizes means that you can receive some one-on-one instruction and help if any of the pattern instructions etc isn't clear. Thoroughly recommended!