- Do you want to start using dressmaking patterns but haven’t a clue about all the terminology?
- Are you itching to get started making your own clothes, but struggling to get going?
- Is learning to attach a waistband on your sewing to do list?
- Would you like to master top-stitching?
Then this is the class for you! Pyjama trousers are the PERFECT first dressmaking project, as they’re easy to sew, easy to fit and super easy to wear.
- During the day you will use a easy Pyjama pattern to make up your trousers in your own choice of fabric.
- You will need to bring along 2.5 metres of fabric to make your trousers. plus 1.5 metres of ribbon for the waist, and if you have an unusual colour fabric, then get some thread to match.
- Use of All tools and equipment including the pattern is part of your class fee
- Learn how to lay pattern pieces correctly on your fabric and understand all the pattern markings including grainlines and notches
- Learn how to lengthen and shorten pattern pieces
- Learn how to attach a seperate waistband and insert buttonholes.
- Master top-stitching and attach a cheeky patch pocket.
- Special Bonuses: All students receive an exclusive link to access free video lessons after their class along with Downloadable instructions and worksheets
Time: 10.30 am – 6 pm( weekends) or 6.30 pm -9.30 pm (Eves) See calendar for specific dates as this runs monthly
Materials required: 2.5 metres of light weight woven fabric suitable for pyjamas and 1.5 metres of ribbon ( details in booking confirmation) It’s a good idea to wash and press you fabric before atending in case it shrinks!
Refreshments: Unlimited tea & coffee are included along with an awesome playlist of great tunes!
PS- If you can’t make the London class, you can always take it as an online course!
Want to get a flavour of this class? Watch the promo video below!
( NB- price on video relates to online course verision only)
I had a great day. I am so pleased with myself and you are such a good teacher. Can't wait to do my next course.