Always wanted to sew but never known where to start? This course is for you!
Starting at the very beginning this step-by-step day will have you thrifty stitching in no time! During the day we will guide you through these basics:
- Learn the absolute basics of sewing from threading a needle, to using simple hand sewing stitches.
- Cover a button and sew on different types of buttons
- Begin to use a sewing machine! Wind on a bobbin, thread the machine
- Learn to start sewing forward in straight lines, and turn corners
- Sew simple seams
- Learn about simple seam finishes
- Learn how to lay out a simple pattern, pin and cut it out from a selection of our fabrics
- Create either a simple tote bag or an envelope cushion, and take away your finished project plus the pattern so you can make it again at home!
- Learn lots of handy tips and tricks of the trade from The Sewing Producer for The Great British Sewing Bee!
Cost: £94 (max 6 places per class)
Time: 11am – 6pm. Arrive early for a cuppa, as session starts promptly at 11am
Materials required: All tools and materials included – just bring yourself!
Refreshments: Unlimited tea, coffee and biscuits provided all day, but please do bring a sandwich for lunch.
“A really great course with an excellent teacher. Very laid back friendly atmosphere. I went away feeling like I had really learnt how to use a sewing machine (miracle) and was very proud of my cushion.”