Always wanted to sew but never known where to start? This course is for you!
NEW FOR 2017!– Bonus online video lessons post course!
Starting at the very beginning this step-by-step day will have you thrifty stitching in no time! During the day we will guide you through these basics:
- Learn the absolute basics of sewing from threading a needle, to using simple hand sewing stitches.
- Cover a button and sew on different types of buttons
- Begin to use a sewing machine! Wind on a bobbin, thread the machine
- Learn to start sewing forward in straight lines, and turn corners
- Sew simple seams
- Learn about simple seam finishes
- Learn how to lay out a simple pattern, pin and cut it out from a selection of our fabrics
- Create either a simple tote bag or an envelope cushion, and take away your finished project plus the pattern so you can make it again at home!
- Learn lots of handy tips and tricks of the trade from The Sewing Producer for The Great British Sewing Bee!
Cost: £94 (max 6 places per class)
Time: 11am – 6pm. Arrive early for a cuppa, as session starts promptly at 11am
Materials required: All tools and materials included – just bring yourself!
Refreshments: Unlimited tea, coffee and biscuits provided all day, but please do bring a sandwich for lunch.
“A really great course with an excellent teacher. Very laid back friendly atmosphere. I went away feeling like I had really learnt how to use a sewing machine (miracle) and was very proud of my cushion.”