If want to learn to sew and get dressmaking in one day or if you need a refresher to get sewing again, then this Ultimate fast-track day is for you.
Morning session- get “Sewing machine Confident”
- Begin to use a sewing machine- Wind on a bobbin, thread the machine,Learn to sew forward in straight lines, and turn corners.
- Sew simple seams.
- Find out about simple seam finishes.
- Mark up your choice of fabric from our selection & cut it out using a simple pattern. Put together a simple envelope cushion cover
- Learn how to decypher the strange code of bought dressmaking patterns
- Adapt the pattern to suit your measurements
- Get to grips with laying out large pattern pieces onto fabric
- Understand the importance of lining up the fabric’s straight of grain
- Working with a simple pyjama pattern you”ll quickly understand how to go from tissue pattern, to fabric, to machine.
- Pattern option includes Ladies, kid’s and Men’s.
- Special bonuses: All students receive an exclusive link to access free video lessons after their class, along with downloadable instructions, multi-sized cushion pattern and worksheets.
Time: 10.30 am – 6 pm. weekends. Arrive on time, as session starts promptly
Materials required: All tools and materials for cushion included – just bring 2.6m of fabric for your Pj’s!
Refreshments: Unlimited tea, coffee and biscuits provided all day, but please do bring a sandwich for lunch( there are many local cafes too)
PS- If you can’t make the London class, you can always take our online course version!
Want to get a flavour of this class? Watch the promo videos below!
( NB- pricing on videos relate to online course versions only)
``Thank you C-L for such a great introduction to sewing. I can't believe I went from never using a sewing machine before to having made a pair of PJ bottoms in one day. I'm definitely hooked!``