Frustrated that you can never get a perfect fit on your own?
You must have made a couple of garments using a pattern on your own before attending this class, and feel confident sewing and working unaided.
The first part of the class will be dedicated to padding and shaping your mannequin to match your body. You’ll the learn the basics of draping whilst creating a torso block, tailored specifically to your body.
From your draped block we’ll make a toile which will be fitted to you and you’ll then apply your adjustments to the toile before using it to refine the shape of your mannequin.
Once home, you can cut your toile up and use it to make a final version of you mannequin cover in fabric of your own choice. You can also turn finalize the paper version of your fitted block pattern.
A personalized pattern block allows you to begin drafting your own patterns in any style you like.
Using a fit buddy that’s been customized to your shape will enable you to make better fit adjustments to commercial patterns
On this course you will learn:-
- How to take your own accurate body measurements and adjust the corresponding parts of your mannequin.
- How to pad and shape your mannequin so it’s an accurate fit buddy
- How to drape a torso/dress block based on your own unique measurements
- Making a muslin or toile (a mock-up version of your pattern)
- Simple fitting adjustments.
Arrived at the class not knowing anything about toile construction…in my head it was a thing that very experienced people did…Came away confident with my new found skill.
Thoroughly enjoyed would recommend it, I learnt lots plus had lots of laughs. Thanks Cl