Want to step up your sewing skills and make a skirt for all seasons?
This is the perfect class to learn some basic dressmaking skills. There are 3 pattern options:
Either- a full skirt with an invisible zip and waistband
OR- a classic A line skirt with an invisible zip and waistline facing.
OR- a straight skirt with an invisible zip and either waistline facing or a waistband
- You’ll learn how to measure yourself and choose the right pattern size
- Discover how to lay out a pattern and transfer all the pattern markings
- You’ll be provided with the list of supplies you’ll need on your booking confirmation email.
- Discover how to finish off a waist with a simple facing or waistband
- Get to grips with invisible zips.
- Learn some basic fit tips
- Complete your skirt with a neat machine sewn hem.
Skirts are perfect to wear between seasons with tights, polo neck and a cardigan, PLUS they will become your summer staple for weekends with bare legs and a t shirt.
Wonderful class, patient teacher and friendly relaxed atmosphere. Claire knows every trick in the book (& has written great books too) so you leave the class having learnt loads to improve your sewing. Recommend to all!