FREE BONUS– Online video lesson access after the course!
This is the perfect class to learn both how to sew, and gain basic dressmaking skills. At the end of the day you’ll walk away with a completed pair of pj trousers and an arsenal of new dressmaking skills
Want to learn to sew and dive into dressmaking?
This is a class for fearless beginners who may never have used a sewing machine. Or for anyone needing a refresher. We’ll cover all the machine basics you’ll need to make your very first piece of clothing. After that, the sky’s the limit!!
Morning session : Get “Sewing machine Confident”
- Begin to use a sewing machine- Master bobbin winding, threading up the machine, sewing forward in straight or curvy lines, and how to turn corners.
- Sew simple seams:- The basic building block of all sewing projects
- Discover how to stop your sewing from unravelling in the wash with simple seam neatening
Demystify the language of dressmaking patterns
- You’ll learn how to measure yourself and choose the right pattern size.
- Get to grips with laying out large pattern pieces onto fabric
- Understand the importance of lining up the fabric’s straight of grain
- You will need to bring along 2.5 metres of fabric to make your trousers. plus 1.5 metres of ribbon for the waist, plus some thread to match. I reccomend Guterman.
- You’ll learn how to attach a seperate waistband to the top of your trousers and insert buttonholes.
- Master top-stitching whilst attaching a cheeky patch pocket.
- Special Bonuses: All students receive an exclusive link to access free video lessons after their class along with Downloadable instructions and worksheets
Time: 10.30 am – 5.30 pm( weekends) or 6.30 pm -9.30 pm ( 2 Eves) See calendar for specific dates as this runs monthly
Materials required: 2.5 metres of light weight woven fabric suitable for pyjamas and 1.5 metres of ribbon ( details in booking confirmation) It’s a good idea to wash and press you fabric before attending in case it shrinks!
Refreshments: Unlimited tea & coffee are included along with an awesome playlist of great tunes!
PS- If you can’t make the London class, you can always take it as an online course!
Want to get a flavour of this class? Watch the video below!
( NB- price on video relates to online course verision only)
I had a great day. I am so pleased with myself and you are such a good teacher. Can't wait to do my next course.