I do love a nice bit of trim! Trimming a simple cushion can lift it from boring to amazing. Boden has created a great fashion label, adding seasonal coloured trimmings to classic shaped garments.
Trims include ribbon, buttons, braids and sparkles…
Here are top 5 places to buy trimmings from
- Barnet and lawson– As a costumier this is my go to shop for unusual and historical looking trimmings. Beaded fringes, sequin braid, feathers and more are all in this basement near Oxford Circus
- Button company- I love their themed button bags. I buy these seasonally and they’re great for button jewellry too!
- VV Rouleaux– The mother of all ribbon shops…. This place is like ribbon heaven. It’s a bit pricey, but for a really special project is worth it!
- Crafty ribbons– I do love their bargain rolls, and the ribbon packs. Great selection of super value ribbons and buttons. they now have some project videos to buy too.
- Josy Rose– A favourite of Gok Wan’s, and a fab place to buy all things sparkly..
Happy Stitching! CL :)